Sunday, January 3, 2016

Guilty Pleasures...

Did you ever have a guilty pleasure TV show, movie, beer, et cetera that became so mainstream that it no longer really fit the bill?

What I mean by that is it was so popular that there was no longer a guilt to it.  You know, like drinking craft and micro-brews before the Hipster bandwagon 😊

Anyways for me it is Road Rules / Real World Challenge.  My wife and I have been watching this show since day one.   This show always felt so full of drama and debauchery that there was no way I should ever admit to enjoying, in fact looking forward to it.  Then some years passed and I started noticing Bill Simmons, THE Sports Guy talking about the show on podcasts, writing articles on ESPN and even going so far as to focus a reality TV fantasy league centered on this show.

I'm sure there are other "guilty pleasures" for me that are similar, but sitting here watching Challenge for the last two hours it's fresh on my mind.

So to wrap up this loose end,  what guilty pleasures do you have?

-Loose

1 comment:

  1. The recent Fantastic Four remake... definately a guilty pleasure for me.

    ReplyDelete